Thursday, March 3, 2011

Kates Playground Kate's Real Name



Ramón Gaya. Write in a notebook, 1953.


"I have not been able to do anything, not even a pattern. Certainly, I can not get that empty needed for creative work, all pulling me, calling me, I demanded. While we strongly occupied, inhabited by this, we can not do .... The greatest difficulty of art is, perhaps, have to do it and stick outside, one might say of life, this life, without, Moreover, we get out of it us as if from here and now that we had to do something -that something is art, in another place and time, or better, without any place or time. The own, and suitable for the creation, the emptiness, an absence of this (a not present than the past), a pure vacuum, virgin, original. "

Ramón Gaya. From "Diary of a painter" Paris January 14, 1953 OC Edt. Pretextos

0 comments:

Post a Comment